*Kindly send all applications to email@example.com with the subject title “Design Manager_AR001”
To co-ordinate all design matters relating to our projects in KSA. Ensure that the design process from defining the brief with the client to concept creation, through developed and technical design phases and the delivery of all temporary structures and interior fit out for projects is achieved in an efficient and professional way within a client’s budget.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the design process from brief to onsite execution.
- To be the main point of contact on design in KSA for the client, internal teams and sub-contractors during all stages of design and build.
- Ensure effective communication of all design related discussions/decisions with project stakeholders (Client, Design Director, Contractors, Structural Engineer, Local Authorities and Project Management team).
- Be the key point of contact and co-ordination for Design Director (who is based in UAE). Working closely to ensure design concepts are on brief.
- Input into creative concepts during brief taking phase.
- Presentation of design concepts to client.
- Prepare RFIs to ensure the timely flow of information to and from all parties to facilitate the creative process and schedule.
- Input to and monitor the schedule to ensure successful and timely delivery of all design stages.
- Arrange and attend workshop meetings with all project parties to facilitate the design co-ordination.
- Assist with the resolution of design clashes and conflicts to expediate the design and delivery process. Ensuring all correct parties are informed.
- Review of design packages before submittals to ensure all information is correct.
- Oversee material submittals and present to the client where needed.
- Provide design expertise to the procurement team during the tendering and pricing process.
- Review and respond to Contractor’s submittals ensuring alignment with the overall design intent and architecture.
- Recommend value engineering and design modifications where suitable to reduce projects costs and help the team meet commercial objectives.
- Support the commercial team to ensure smooth workflow, fulfilment of contractual obligations and successful delivery of commercial objectives.
- Oversee communication with the relevant authorities.
- Site visits to support delivery team and ensure build is being implemented in alignment with the approved design.
- Oversee any freelance project design staff or sub-contracted design consultants.
- Assist project management staff with document control and drawing related queries.
- Manage any onsite team of CAD draughtsmen (only on larger scale projects).
- Maintenance of design log to maintain proper document control and job costing.
- Ensuring all relevant design documents are filed and logged on the in-house system.
- Ensure that all Design Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to in KSA.
- Organised, thorough multitasker with a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent communicator, with good people skills.
- Strong negotiator.
- Able to problem solve and respond to a constantly changing situation.
- Flexible and fluid attitude, thriving in a dynamic work environment with a willingness and availability to work outside office hours when needed.
- Autocad, Excel, Sketch Up a bonus.
- Qualification Degree in Architecture is a minimum requirement.
- 10+ years experience in architecture or interior design management for commercial/hospitality/event projects.
- Must be an Arabic speaker, with experience of working in KSA.