Are you interested in joining our dedicated team of event professionals who are passionate about delivering the highest quality event environments for the most prestigious sporting and cultural occasions in the global calendar?
As a company continuously growing by embracing new opportunities, we are proactive in seeking event enthusiasts to join our team and are always happy to receive your CV if you feel you have what it takes to make an impact with our company.
Kindly send all applications to email@example.com with the subject title AR060_Technical Designer
Responsible for the production of all structural design packages required for Architecture/Structure/ID, through concept and developed design phases. Technical drawings for production, approvals processes and build and drawings for component kit management and logistics. With a focus on, but not limited to, the ASD system.
• Production of Revit 3D models and drawing packages, including plans, elevations, sections and detail design drawings.
• Creation of Revit ‘families’ for all component parts, reusable ID fit out elements and maintenance of library for wider team use.
• Working closely with senior design team on structural design feasibility and design limitations during concept design phase.
• Liaising with clients, when required, and Account Management team to take client brief.
• Co-ordination of Structure, Architecture, ID and MEP drawings packages. Identifying clashes, problem solving with suppliers, operational teams and concept design team.
• Preparation of drawings for structural engineering and Municipality approvals.
• Preparation of Schedules ie. Structural elements and Architectural envelope.
• Co-ordination, when required, with internal teams with regards to pricing and manufacturing of bespoke items.
• Co-ordination, when required, with Operation team on kit management and load lists.
• Preparation of As Built drawings.
• Coordination with Structural Engineer and any relevant consultants for design devolvement and approvals.
• Attending site visits, when necessary, as part of the design process.
• Completion of all necessary paperwork and following Arena drawing standards, design work processes, methodologies and filing system.
• Sharing of knowledge and participating in cross training with other team members.
• Motivated and positive person, eager to learn all aspects of our design and build service.
• An eye for detail.
• Self-starter, able to take initiative and responsibility.
• An awareness of how a design can be developed within the parameters of our stock levels and a client’s budget.
• Ability to work flexibly from home, happy to be part of a remote working team, based in many countries requiring flexibility in working hours and dealing with different time zones.
• Excellent level of Revit. Knowledge of Autocad and Sketch Up a bonus.
• Must be able to interface with these packages at a minimum.
• Training and increasing knowledge in other architectural packages and more formal design processes will be actively encouraged.
Education and Experience:
10+years’ experience in an architectural or construction environment specializing in temporary modular structures/Permanent structures.