*Kindly send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Design Lead_AR002”
To lead the entire design process and work stream from taking the brief, to defining the design vision for the concept and guiding the design team through developed and technical design phases and the ensuring the design vision is held through delivery of any temporary event structures, and hospitality interior design projects.
- To be the clear design lead on allocated projects, defining and holding the creative vision under the guidance of the Design Director.
- Responsible for proposing interior design solutions and ensuring the team stay on track with the design vision.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the entire interior design process from brief taking to development of design concept through technical design phase to onsite execution.
- To be the main point of contact on design for the client, Arena departments and any relevant consultants during all stages of the design and build.
- Ensure effective communication of all design related discussions/decisions with project stakeholders (Client, Design Director, Contractors, Structural Engineer, Local Authorities and Project Management team).
- Meeting with the client and taking and researching a client brief. Liaison with all internal departments to finalise the brief.
- Prepare RFIs to ensure the timely flow of information to and from all parties to facilitate the schedule.
- Input to and monitor the schedule to ensure successful delivery of all design stages.
- Arrange and attend workshops meetings with all project parties to facilitate the co-ordination between disciplines.
- Assist with the resolution of design clashes and conflicts to expediate the design and delivery process. Ensuring all correct parties are informed.
- Review of design packages before submittal to ensure all information is correct.
- Maintenance of design log to maintain proper document control.
- Responsible for Material and finishes selection and material submittals.
- Provide design expertise to the procurement team during the tendering and production phases.
- Recommend value engineering and design modifications where suitable to reduce projects costs and help the team meet commercial objectives.
- Site visits to support delivery team and ensure build is being implemented in alignment with the approved design.
- Management and mentoring of any design staff required for a project where you are design lead.
- Direct line manager for concept design staff on team.
- Skilled interior designer/architect with a passion for modular, sustainable architecture and interior design for hospitality, events or exhibition/retail design.
- Quick thinker, with lots of ideas.
- Organised, thorough multitasker with a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent communicator.
- Able to problem solve and respond to a constantly changing situation.
- Flexible and fluid attitude, thriving in a dynamic work environment with a willingness and availability to work outside office hours when needed.
- Autocad, Sketch up, Excel, InDesign
- Qualification Degree in Architecture or Interior Design is a minimum requirement.
- 10+ years experience in interior design or interior architecture for event/exhibitions or hospitality projects.