Kindly send all applications to email@example.com with the subject title “Manufacturing Manager (Engineer) - AOPM0003”
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager (Engineer) - Steel/Aluminium Fabrication
Reporting Into: Head of Manufacturing
Direct Reports: NA
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to organize and oversee the manufacturing and its processes of goods. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all daily manufacturing processes and delivery of end product in good order.
We expect that your expertise could improve the standards in the smooth running of manufacturing processes and as well new ideas and improve the department to a better level. The ability to direct personnel toward maximum performance will set you apart as a leader. Decision making, problem solving, improvising and upgrading will be a part of your task.
The goal is to ensure efficient manufacturing which will have to meet international quality standards.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring the assigned manufacturing processes.
- Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Interacting daily with the subordinates to interpret their duties and responsibilities an as well as their compliances and guidance towards improvement.
- To bring in ideas of improvement and upgrading and improvising manufacturing processes and upgrading new methods in manufacturing.
- To work closely with all the running projects and manage all manufacturing-related matter in various projects domestic and internationally.
- To over-impose Health and Safety of Performance for the Manufacturing department.
- Fully responsible for all employees in the Manufacturing department.
- To understand the technical-related matters of structure and troubleshooting matters.
- Analyze, understand, and study ways to improve the manufacturing department and improve it.
- Cost-cutting measures on all manufacturing process decisions.
- Ensure all manufacturing is meeting the requirement, measurements, and Quality and meet the time schedule.
- Training and motivating all manufacturing department crew and managing them.
- Source suppliers and make the best decision.
- Attend exhibitions related to industries and impose new ideas.
- To ensure all related documents are in place to fully control the manufacturing department.
- To manage a budget for projects and to plan and meet the budgets.
- To interview for recruitment with the allocated budget or its needs.
- To review contracts and specifications and to meet the required specifications.
- To oversee suppliers and their work.
- To engage suppliers to take up the task which we are unable to manage.
- To get quotes and review suppliers on a quarterly basis.
- To attend technical meetings and briefings for the sales department and support input for sales department.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A natural flair for building relationships with people on every level.
- Great communication skills and the ability to think quickly and clearly under pressure.
- Quick learner with a willing attitude and the ability to respond to a constantly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Flexible to work longer hours if required
Education and Experience:
- Minimum STPM or higher
- Specialized knowledge of Steel/Aluminium fabrication processes on the structure level.
- Excellent Steel/Aluminium knowledge & organizational and administrative skills.
- 5 years' experience in Steel/Aluminium Fabrications industry.