Kindly send all applications to email@example.com with the subject title “Safety Officer - UAE_UQHS0001”
Job Title: Safety Officer
Reporting Into: QHSE Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The safety officer plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and well-being of workers, visitors, and the general public at the work site. Their primary responsibility is to implement safety protocols and regulations to minimize accidents/injuries and mitigate potential risks by ensuring these protocols are effectively enforced.
- Responsible for the Safety of self and others present at the work site/s.
- Ensure that work sites/staff camps/facility/operations are always in compliance with EHS requirements.
- Responsible for the inspection of all workplaces, the promotion of safe working conduct and hazard identification techniques with proper channels of communication of corrective measures to employees and management – to include preparation of comprehensive safety reports with regular reporting of findings to the QHSE manager and management.
- Issuance of Hot/Cold Work permits for all non-routine works.
- Preparing daily reports on on-site safety and discussing the findings with the site manager to close and track the progress continuously.
- Maintaining “Eyewash/Safety Shower (if required)”, first aid facilities, and personal protective equipment based on demand by the nature of the work/Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Investigating all types of accidents & Reporting as well as accident prevention and maintaining accident records
- Conduct toolbox talks & develop and deliver safety training to workers and ensuring that they are issued with adequate instructions and creating awareness of safe work practices among them.
- Carrying out Job Safety Analysis to determine “Hazards of the operations/activity” and facilitating suitable solutions.
- Maintain a record for “all chemicals/dangerous goods” used/stored at the premises, their Material Safety Data Sheets and advice management/staff on safe handling/transport & storage practices. (Also Refer to Code of Practice for Management of Dangerous Goods”)
- Liaise with members of authorities on a regular basis to ensure that all Local/State/Federal Health & Safety Requirements are met.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude to promote Safety Culture in the work environment.
- Preferred ISO 9001,140001, 45001, OR any relevant auditor certification.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (IGC) NEBOSH or equivalent Level 3 Certification
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, science, or Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent from a recognized University (advantageous)