Are you interested in joining our dedicated team of event professionals who are passionate about delivering the highest quality event environments for the most prestigious sporting and cultural occasions in the global calendar?
As a company continuously growing by embracing new opportunities, we are proactive in seeking event enthusiasts to join our team and are always happy to receive your CV if you feel you have what it takes to make an impact with our company.
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Reporting Into: General Manager, Saudi Arabia
Direct Reports: None
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
To provide hands on procurement operational support required for the Saudi Arabia operations.
• Initiate and manage the supplier registration process and ensure all new suppliers complete all required formalities
• Identify and recommend need for long-term purchase agreements or framework agreements (as required) and initiate competitive procurement process for creating such agreements. Additionally, obtain approval of such agreements as per the Delegation of Authority.
• Manage the procurement process from purchase requests from end user up to issuance of the Purchase Order/ Contract as required
• Prepare RFQs/ RFPs as applicable, solicit and evaluate vendor responses to RFQs/ RFPs
• Ensure that goods and services are purchased in a timely manner.
• Conduct site visits for key suppliers providing goods and services and document accordingly (as required)
• Follow-up on orders placed to ensure timely deliveries
• Ensure suppliers adhere to the highest ethical standards in relation to their work with the Group
• Maintain Procurement System
• Evaluate services of all suppliers on a periodic basis and coordinate the supplier evaluation process
• Identify alternative suppliers to meet present and future needs and requirements of the Group
• Minimize the cost of products and services which meet the Group’s needs, and establish strong vendor relationships
Product and Services knowledge
• Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, rules, standards, and leading practices related to procurement.
Contracts Management and Service Level Agreements
• Effectively negotiate Purchase Orders/ Contracts and service levels
• Contribute to work planning and effectively brief contractors and suppliers
Value for money and reporting
• Monitor methods and output to ensure that required quality standards are achieved at a minimum cost.
• Establish procurement savings targets each year in close coordination with the Purchase Manager and ensure monitoring against these targets.
• Prepare quarterly reports for review and submit to the Purchase Manager.
• Participate in Inventory take monthly
• Organize quarterly inventory on all Inventory & Operating equipment
• Technical and Market Knowledge – understanding the procurement challenges within the country across business verticals.
• Communication skills – ability to communicate effectively.
• Results Orientation – strong procurement and contracts acumen and ability to negotiate and terms and conditions and MSAs.
• Strong professional experience managing procurement function for a country, or a business unit well versed with Vendor Management, Products and Services, Contracts Management, Service Level Agreement, and Inventory Management.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 5-10 years´ work experience in supply chain or procurement.
• Event industry experience would be desirable and must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal in Business English, and Arabic would be advantageous.