Kindly send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title "Technical Designer - UDE0012"
Job Title: Technical Designer
Reporting Into: Design Director
Direct Reports: NA
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Responsible for the production of all structural design packages required for Architecture/Structure/ID, through concept and developed design phases. Technical drawings for production, approvals processes, and build and drawings for component kit management and logistics. With a focus on, but not limited to, the ASD system.
- Production of Revit 3D models and drawing packages, including plans, elevations, sections, and detail design drawings.
- Creation of Revit ‘families’ for all component parts, reusable ID fit-out elements, and maintenance of library for wider team use.
- Working closely with the senior design team on structural design feasibility and design limitations during the concept design phase.
- Liaising with clients, when required, and the Account Management team to take client briefs.
- Coordination of Structure, Architecture, ID, and MEP drawings packages. Identifying clashes, and problem-solving with suppliers, operational teams, and concept design teams.
- Preparation of drawings for structural engineering and Municipality approvals.
- Preparation of Schedules ie. Structural elements and Architectural envelope.
- Coordination, when required, with internal teams with regard to pricing and manufacturing of bespoke items.
- Coordination, when required, with the Operation team on kit management and load lists.
- Preparation of As-Built drawings.
- Coordination with Structural Engineer and any relevant consultants for design devolvement and approvals.
- Attending site visits, when necessary, as part of the design process.
- Completion of all necessary paperwork and following Arena drawing standards, design work processes, methodologies and filing system.
- Sharing of knowledge and participating in cross-training with other team members.
- Motivated and positive person, eager to learn all aspects of our design and build service.
- An eye for detail.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and responsibility.
- An awareness of how a design can be developed within the parameters of our stock levels and a client’s budget.
- Ability to work flexibly from home, happy to be part of a remote working team, based in many countries requiring flexibility in working hours and dealing with different time zones.
- Excellent level of Revit. Knowledge of Autocad and SketchUp is a bonus.
- Must be able to interface with these packages at a minimum.
- Training and increasing knowledge in other architectural packages and more formal design processes will be actively encouraged.
Education and Experience:
10+ years experience in an architectural or construction environment specializing in temporary modular structures/Permanent structures.